What is the probability that a leap year will contain 53 Sundays?
- All Questions
Step by Step Explanation:
- There are 366 days in a leap year.
- If we divide 366 by 7 (since there are seven days in a week), we will get a quotient of 52 and a remainder of 2.
This means that a leap year will have 52 Sundays, 52 Mondays, 52 Tuesdays, 52 Wednesdays, 52 Thursdays, 52 Fridays and 52 Saturdays.
Apart from these there will be two other days.
- The two days could be (Sunday, Monday), (Monday, Tuesday), (Tuesday, Wednesday), (Wednesday, Thursday), (Thursday, Friday), (Friday, Saturday) or (Saturday, Sunday) - a total of seven combinations.
- Out of these seven combinations, two of them have a Sunday.
- So, the probability that either of those two days will be a Sunday is .